A couple of weeks back we travelled down to Te Awamutu to spend the day with Fraser & Charlotte and Danielle and Lincoln (and to celebrate Danielle's 4th birthday). We had a lovely day. It was great to catch up (like old times, only lots more of us!) They have a great rural spot, and it was neat watching the girls have fun together (seeing as Heidi & Danielle are much the same age). Charlotte made such a good job of the birthday cake (heidi has put her order in for next year!).. what little girl wouldn't like a cake like this!?! Was fun to see a little of Lincoln too - all of 7 months old - such a happy smiley wee man. Thanks for a fun day!
Breakfast in bed for Ro & I! A totally random surprise one morning. A bowlful of soggy nutrigrain with milk full to the brim, and toast (complete on noddy plate) with honey smears surrounding the breakfast bowl. Pippa and Heidi come up the stairs (how they didn't spill any, I'll never know!)... "here's your breakfast Mum & Dad!" We managed to eat it all with smiles on our faces. I don't know if we'll ever forget this! :-)
Trip to the local Franklin Zoo with Sarah & Jared (and their new twins!).. Milah & Tobin (and Lucia and Darci)
Happy Fathers Day Ro!
Some of the latest happenings around the place (clockwise from top left):
-empty the vege drawer and find a home for them around the house!
-find dad's shoes and fill them with soil out of the garden...
- Hugs! So cute now that they have started giving each other hugs. They still get around hand in hand together, but this is the latest...







5 comments:
Well I can see your house is a busy one but it all looks like so much fun! I had to laugh when I saw your breakfast made up by the girls. How thoughtful!
Haha! O that's fun!:) I can laugh right?! Since I don't have to clean up the mess! Looks like double trouble for sure!;0)
Love the breakfast! Probably the first of many. :) And you'll have to say Mmmm ... delicious! with a big smile each time. It's amazing they didn't spill it going up the stairs. I remember making scrambled eggs in the microwave for my Dad one Father's Day. I didn't have a clue what I was doing, and he ended up with this watery, tough, tasteless yellow stuff ...which he ate with a smile. The things you do as parents!!
Oh, and I meant to say ... we had such a great day when you came down for Danielle's birthday. Catchup's sure are different these days ... :)
Yay looks like Ro had a nice sleep in...
Post a Comment