Saturday, June 23, 2012
A day at home with Harrison & Aria
Sometimes, I have to admit there are days when Harrison & Aria are in their pyjamas for a good half day or so. It's kind of a nice change after the usual morning rush rush rush. This particular day they started by going "grocery shopping together".. then stopping by at a cafe on the way home :-)
THEN... as you can see, I had some "help". Funnily enough, as soon as the cake mixer comes out, they all coming running like "bees around a honey pot!".. This particular day Aria must have thought I was a bit slow to get the cake mixer going, so she turned it on for me... on high. You can see the result. Icing Sugar.... Everywhere! If that is not enough for me to contend with, they then started asking for a damp cloth each to start wiping it up. I should be more welcoming of such willing helpers, but sometimes its nice just to clean up a mess *ALONE* - right?!
Plenty of bowls to lick and sampling to be done in the month of June for us!
Off on the next adventure, a train I think they were one, and the day goes on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Haha! Love your *helpers*! Well, I'm sure they were having fun - while you were busy tearing your hair out! It's never the easy option to let them help with baking, is it? But fun memories ... when you look back. Not necessarily at the time tho!
I had to laugh Michelle although I'm sure you didn't feel like laughing at the time! They certainly are cute little helpers.
Yikes! There is never a dull moment!:) Good for you for letting them in on the fun of baking - regardless of the mishaps! It's always fun to look back and laugh about these little momments! :-)
Post a Comment