Saturday, April 6, 2013

Guess what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have some very exciting news in our household!............


Scroll down to see what it is! :-)





































Yes!  We have chosen two baby kune kune piglets - currently 4 weeks old, and bring them home in another 4 weeks time.  The kids are very very VERY excited.. (and Ro & I are secretly excited too)... (I've always had a soft spot for pigs)... (hopefully I will still hold that soft spot for them further down the track?!!)...



We chose this one...... (think this ones a boy)


and this one! (a girl I think)


Aren't they cute?!

Initially we were just going to get one, then we I thought that maybe 2 wouldn't be any more work, and they'd keep each other company.  We are keen to breed from the female maybe in a couple of years.  I think that would be a lot of fun.

There are lots of name suggestions being banted around the house at present!  I'm keen to hear any suggestions you may have too!  We currently have Eric and Eva, or Scratch and Scruff! And for those of you who don't know - Pork Chop and Ham Steak are not options, as they are not eating pigs!!! These pigs are supposed to be very gentle, small, easy to keep and extremely friendly. They live for about 15 years so here's hoping!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

reagan. andrea. said...

How Cute! Very sweet little pig and pretty too! :) Brings back memories of our adventures with pigs growing up -except our pigs were for pork chops etc... and a bit noisy and destructive if they ever got out!! :D
You'll have heaps of fun with them!

Jewels said...

I think you're brave but it sounds like it should be easy enough. The kids will certainly enjoy them - I know we loved the piglets born on the farm :-)